Kat's books

Restore Me
Ignite Me
Convergent Lines
Unravel Me
Geekerella
Frozen Tides
Gathering Darkness
Rebel Spring
The Cruel Prince
The Winner's Crime
The Winner's Curse
A World Without Princes
Batman: Nightwalker
Just Because of You
Out of the Shadows
The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic
Nearly Found
Nearly Gone
A Strange Hymn
Wonder Woman: Warbringer


Kat's favorite books »

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Don't Die, Dragonfly (The Seer Series Book one) By: Linda Joy Singleton


After getting kicked out of school and sent to live with her grandmother, Sabine Rose is determined to become a "normal" teenage girl. She hides her psychic powers from everyone, even from her grandmother Nona, who also has "the gift."
Having a job at the school newspaper and friends like Penny Love, a popular cheerleader, have helped Sabine fit in at her new school. She has even managed to catch the eye of the adorable Josh DeMarco.
Yet, Sabine can't seem to get the bossy voice of Opal, her spirit guide, out of her head... or the disturbing images of a girl with a dragonfly tattoo. Suspected of a crime she didn't commit, Sabine must find the strength to defend herself and, later, save a friend from certain danger.

(From GoodReads...)
Personally the goodreads things doesn't do the book justice, and that's one of the reasons why I didn't pick up the book sooner. It just didn't appeal to me, but one of my friends said... READ IT!!! So I did, and I LOVED IT!! Why didn't I read it sooner. 
Characters:
  • Sabine Rose: Meh.. MEH I didn't really like her, I know throughout the book it always went back to Sabine being kicked out of school because she wasn't normal... But she just annoyed me, A LOT !! She would ignore what her spirit guild would tell her all for the sake of being "normal"  understandable, but Sabine was just so idiotic at times... Meh
  • Penny-Love: there is gonna be problems with her later on in the series, I just know it! Otherwise, Penny-Love was just an annoying cheerleader.
  • Thorn: I absolutely love her!! She didn't appear in the book much, except near the end, but Thorn was just so fun and kick butt. 
  • Dominic: I have a feeling he is going to be very important soon... Otherwise Dominic was just on the side lines working with Nona. Oh, and he talks to animals.
  • Nona: the poor grandmother !! Who is loosing her memory... And is also psychic 
  • Josh: he is going to cause problems for  Sabine... Anyways, Josh is super nice that it gets annoying (I'm so mean)
I love this book, it's so interesting and has so much potential to be amazing. Definitely would recommend this to anyone who wants an amazing mystery. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment