Kat's books

Restore Me
Ignite Me
Convergent Lines
Unravel Me
Geekerella
Frozen Tides
Gathering Darkness
Rebel Spring
The Cruel Prince
The Winner's Crime
The Winner's Curse
A World Without Princes
Batman: Nightwalker
Just Because of You
Out of the Shadows
The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic
Nearly Found
Nearly Gone
A Strange Hymn
Wonder Woman: Warbringer


Kat's favorite books »

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Living Dead Girl (The Vampire Hunter Series Book one) By: S.C. Reynolds

 Boredom caused me to look for free books, and i found one that was actually very good!!
So the book is about Aurora "Rory" Stone who died May 21st 2012. It is now a year later same day, at midnight, the witching hour. Rory not knowing what to do, right after leaving her grave, runs to her friends house, Henry. Henry can't believe that Aurora is back... Ish. They don't know why she's back or WHO brought her back. And for what reasons that they did.
So this one starts off the story and I actually really liked it. It was interesting, and it was about a zombie girl that doesn't eat brains. It had me captivated from the first line, and it had many funny moments.
Characters:
  • Rory: she was actually very funny. She is dead, and back to life, but hasn't told anyone. Rory was a pretty strong character, and very likeable. She wasn't annoying, most of the time, and mainly concentrated on why she was brought back from the dead.
  • Henry: Henry is the reliable friend, that has been crushing on Rory since they were children. And was absolutely devastated when Rory died. So when Rory comes back, Henry is there helping her put all the pieces together. 
  • Lucas: He is mysterious Vampire that was sent to kill Aurora but started falling for her. Near the end he became more of a main character, but he is just here helping Rory discover why she's back from the dead. 
Love, love, love the book super interesting and had me hooked from the very first page. The story was very interesting, I have never read one quiet like it before. Definitely recommended for someone looking for a page turning book.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kat! I am the author of Living Dead Girl and Stalking Dead and it was so cool to find your reviews online! Thanks so much for taking the time to write your opinion, and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the books. Keep a look out for the third one, Immortal After All, which will be released in about 2 weeks. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! There is a fourth book right? I can't wait for it !! when it's coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Andrea! Fourth book I *hope* will be out around the end of August. I'm starting a blog and will keep everyone posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I already read the fourth book "Into the void " It Was amazing I really do love your work ! So I guess there's another book right ? ahhh I'm too excited but I guess I have to wait for the fifth book?:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again...I wanted to say if you shoot me an email then I'll reply to it when book 5 is out. Thanks! the.vampire.hunter2013@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. Hey Andrea! Fifth book should be out mid November. ;) thanks so much for your support!

    ReplyDelete