Kat's books

Restore Me
Ignite Me
Convergent Lines
Unravel Me
Geekerella
Frozen Tides
Gathering Darkness
Rebel Spring
The Cruel Prince
The Winner's Crime
The Winner's Curse
A World Without Princes
Batman: Nightwalker
Just Because of You
Out of the Shadows
The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic
Nearly Found
Nearly Gone
A Strange Hymn
Wonder Woman: Warbringer


Kat's favorite books »

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Your Guardian Angel (book one of the Guardian Angel series) by:SkylaMadi


I actually really liked the book (considering that I got it for free on Kindle). It was interesting, it was about vampires, god/goddesses, and angels. And I love all three. It started off great!! "When I think of death, I picture a warm light embracing me in my sleep at a very old age. When I experienced death, it was completely different..." That line hooked me right from the beginning, and from there it was good and bad.
So the book is about Ruby Moore and her half vampire half goddess issue (at the moment). Her mom was killed when she was 16 by her step-dad (Hank) gone vampire turning her into a half vampire when a light erupted from Ruby stopping Hank from completely turning Ruby.  Then she tries to live a normal life as a human at her aunts house. It goes on to when Ruby is cured and goes to SS. Then there's some boy problems, girls hating on her, the norm. So at the school SS she is the 'bad girl' that every guy wants and very girl hates. So Ruby is always getting in trouble. Later on in the book she starts getting letters from a certain vampire stating that they had her cousin, who Ruby adores. So Ruby being the Mary Sue that she is, didn't tell Eli, her guardian angel, and escaped to the forest to confront Hank. Turns out it was a lie... So many people die and it's all Ruby's fault.
Characters:
  • Ruby: I actually really liked her at first, as the book continued she slowly got annoying.. Anyways, Ruby at the beginning was morbid and sarcastic. Absolutely loved it, she could hold her own, fought back against the bullies, ignored the jerks, awesome. Once she got to Sage Sanctum she got very annoying.
  • Eli: Oh my gosh!! Is there another word for him!!! :3 A side his hotness... He was kind of mean, he was very controlling. His relationship with Ruby was forbidden because she was a student he a teacher and the goddess no mating with angels... But Eli was just kind of annoying. 
  • Mila: I think she is so sweet and it's sad how she was always bullied. Now what did bug me was how she sold out Ruby's secret of being a former half vampire to the school bully, Raina. But oh well, she's supportive of Ruby and very kind I really like her. 
  • Hunter: sexy bad boy that nobody trusts... He is just so awesome... Personally I liked him more than Eli. But alas Ruby loves Eli 
OH and he gave her a whistle to call him!!! Lord I want one!! All girls should have one :3 because I mean we could all use a hot angel. 
(I'm very sorry if my review is not very good)

No comments:

Post a Comment